Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The job of my dreams

10 years ago, I thought that by the time I was in my 20's, my life would be completely different.  My current job has nothing to do with my degree, which is true of many 20-somethings. 


So here is a list of dream jobs that I would love to have (most of these are unrealistic):


  • Intelligence Analyst for the FBI
  • Behavioral Analyst for the FBI (I've googled the shit out of this and it's pretty much impossible... so thanks for nothing "Criminal Minds")
  • Whatever the job title is for Samantha Brown (travels abroad and hosts a show about the places she visits on the Travel Channel)
  • Detective (I know it's cooler on "Dexter" than in real life)
  • Paralegal/lawyer on a legal team for a big fashion retailer like The Limited, Victoria's Secret, Express, etc.
  • A permanent member of the cast of "True Blood"
  • Personal assistant for a movie star
  • Owner of a little book store
  • Researcher for the Library of Congress (anything to work there in general)
  • White House dog walker/dog-sitter
  • Bridal consultant or working for a wedding planner
  • Work at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, preferably as a bartender in Hogsmeade
  • Setting up displays/visuals or giving private tours at the Smithsonian's American History Museum
  • Researcher for a major historical society (that would require some overseas research)
  • Secretary for Wayne Enterprises 
  • A villain in a James Bond movie
  • Movie or book critic
  • Writer of historical-fiction novels
  • Part of the cast of a reality TV series filming my current workplace
  • Part-owner of Panera Bread, Carsonie's Stromboli's, or Penn Station (free food!)
  • Traveling abroad and rating hotels, restaurants, museums, and other attractions for a travel guide company (all expenses paid on top of being paid)


I can dream, right?



1 comment:

  1. You can dream indeed! Man, all of these sound like jobs I, too, would love to have. Especially doing what Samantha Brown/Anthony Bourdain do, and working at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter lol. Also, I would love to open up a cool restaurant.

    ReplyDelete