Monday, May 7, 2012

You can't just want something to happen

I've been thinking for a while now that I want to be in better shape; I haven't gained weight and I'm not overweight (I'm actually at a healthy weight for my age and height), but I want to be toned.  Every bride wants to look thin for her wedding.  Today I finally got the push I needed to hit the gym for the first time in months.  And what gave me the final push?  Pinterest.  How did Pinterest motivate me to get in shape and randomly sign up for a 5k in July?  Well, let me just show you.


Holy shit!  Who wouldn't want to look like her?  Sign me up.  I'm only going to be in my 20's once; just because I'm getting married doesn't mean I'm going to let myself go.  Why not be the best version of myself now?  If I worked hard enough and continued with my reformed diet (healthier, whole grains, no soda, no fast food) that I adopted when I found out my mom was a diabetic a few weeks ago, I can totally be this toned and shed a few pounds.  Let's see how Pinterest practically bullied me into my workout goal (but has valid points):



Well when it's worded that way...  Why haven't I started this sooner?  I want to look the best I've ever looked.  I would love to randomly run into someone from high school that hasn't seen me in years and have them do a double take because I look a lot better now than I did back then.  Although other girls won't admit this (but we all think this way), I want to look so good that guys will kick themselves for not trying to date me back in the day.  I'd love for my fiance to be able to show me off like I'm some sort of trophy wife.  So I'm going to use Pinterest to push me, the Color Run in Columbus as a goal (to run the whole 5k), and this handy little app called "my fitness pal," which assesses your goals based on your height and weight to give you how many calories you're allowed to eat every day while also incorporating how many calories you burn during workouts.  I've only been using "my fitness pal" for a few days and I've already noticed a huge difference in how I eat.  My days off will not be spent like they have been in the past; they will be intense cardio workout days.  Right now I'm only working out 4 times a week, but I want to turn it into a part of my daily routine.  I know these things take time, so I don't want to overwork myself.  But I like having goals in mind.  Right now, I have one goal and I'm not stopping until I accomplish it.




No comments:

Post a Comment